Become a Waterford Craft School Instructor
Have a craft you’d like to share? Have a skill you’d love to teach? The Waterford Foundation is seeking instructors to teach weekend craft classes as part of the Waterford Heritage Craft School.
Join us as we aim to preserve heritage crafts such as quilting, weaving, pottery, furniture-making, basket weaving, and blacksmithing by educating the next generation of artisans. Classes in building arts are also encouraged, such as traditional construction methods, old and historic building restoration, and adaptive reuse.
Course material should be appropriate for students over 18. The Waterford Foundation will register students, collect tuition, provide the classroom space, and pay a fee to each instructor. Multiple instructors for one course will split this fee. Lunch will be provided for all students and instructors on both days.
Interested instructors should submit a class proposal. Submit the form below.
Details: (Please read before filling out application)
• Course materials should be appropriate for ages 18 and up
• 5 registered students are required for each class to be held; the instructor sets the maximum number of students
• Waterford Foundation will register students, collect tuition fees, provide classroom space and lunch.
• Lunch will be provided for all students and instructors on both days
• Waterford Foundation will make all final decisions regarding classes for the season.
• Any questions please call the office at 540-882-3018, ext. 2.